Juvederm is a hyaluronic acid filler that is the only FDA-approved filler. The effects of Juvederm will last for about one year when used to smooth out facial wrinkles. Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring agent in the human body but is found in high concentrations in Juvederm to provide effective results.
The following are Juvederm treatment benefits that should help you choose the method to get rid of wrinkles and fine lines on your skin.
- The procedure is minimally invasive: Juvederm is often administered through injections using small fine needles. The procedure is quick and doesn’t require hospitalization which means that you can schedule an appointment over a lunch break. There are no downtimes with Juvederm and you can get back to normal activities immediately after walking out of the doctor’s office.
- Natural look: Since Juvederm is made of hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring substance, the results are smooth and natural-looking after completion.
- Comfortable and painless: Juvederm injections contain lidocaine, a numbing agent that serves to reduce the discomfort you experience.
- Quick procedure and results: The Juvederm procedure will take about 15 minutes. The duration of treatment is dependent on the area being targeted. Optimal results can be obtained through a single treatment.
- Reversible: A Juvederm look is reversible since the fillers are biodegradable over time.
- Effective for severe wrinkles: Wrinkles are a common feature as people age. Juvederm is effective against wrinkles and will give you a youthful look.
- Used for lip augmentation: Juvederm is used for plumping up the lips to make them look full and natural.
Botox Ottawa Downtown specialized in the administration of Juvederm and has a highly trained and experienced team of dermatologists to give top-quality care. Contact the office to schedule an appointment if you need to address skincare problems.